As anyone who lives in Adelaide can tell you the energy is building in the lead-up to what is affectionately known locally as “Mad March”. The Fringe Festival opened 14th Feb and Adelaide Festival opens 28th Feb.
We thought this might be a good time to point out a few great shows on to our readers who are obviously design devotee’s!
Our Fringe pics are….
- Smoke (opened last Friday)- Viz art exhibition featuring varying responses to the theme of Smoke – including the cheeky image above by Deb Jones and Christine Cholewa – Black Diamond Gallery – 66 Commercial Rd Port Adelaide
- Wear a piece of Adelaide (opens Thurs 27th Feb 6-8pm) Handmade and created by local jewellery designers – inspired by the city – own some Adelaide! ACA Ground floor foyer, Light Square
- About Adelaide in Adelaide arcade various venues and their take on Adelaide – and while you’re don’t miss Zu Design (upstairs) – with a great retrospective of contemporary jewellers
- Well Made Adelaide (opens Thurs 27th Feb 6-8pm – by koush director Julie Pieda!) Group exhibition demonstrating the astounding creativity and skill of Guildhouse members in visual arts, craft and design fields – Adelaide college of the arts Light Square Gallery
- What?– Photographic show drawing inspiration from phrases, idioms and sayings – pop in if you like art that makes you smile (and a beer) – Wheatsheaf Hotel 39 George St Thebarton
For more fringe arts info click here
Our festival pics are….
- Dark Heart the Adelaide biennial opens this Friday and I’ve already heard whispers that’s its fantastic so get to the SA Gallery
- Four Rooms – opens tomorrow night and looks fascinating if the guide’s anything to go by…..’a multi-sensory exhibition comprising four individual ‘room environments’ produced by some of Australia’s leading Aboriginal artists. The artists have collaborated with other visual arts practitioners, film-makers, designers and manufacturers
- Lola’s Pergola – bound to be a hoot and a visual feast – on the Torrens riverbank – see here for the program
For more festival info click here
See anything else great you’d like to share…. let us know!